The mission of the Chelsea Area Fire Authority is to serve the public by reducing deaths, injuries and minimizing property loss from fires, hazardous material incidents, motor vehicle accidents, medical emergencies, and any other crisis within our level of training and equipment.
We strive to achieve this mission through diligent training and state of the art equipment, teamed with dedication and professionalism, while maintaining cost-effective management of public funds.
Our success relies upon a proactive organization that understands the future will be determined by the use of our most valuable resource – our personnel.
To order driveway address markers
from the Chelsea Firefighters:
• a PERMIT is ALWAYS required, whether sitting around your firepit, or burning brush
• getting a permit is EASY:
o phone 734-475-1339, 24/7 365
o provide your name, phone number, and address
That’s it: you now have a permit. Your fire will be registered with CAFA.
• ONLY BURN when winds are 15 mph, or less, whether open burn or firepit
• Open burns:
o NO TRASH!
o Burn only untreated/unfinished lumber (no furniture), natural materials, vegetation
o Burn between dawn and dusk; extinguish fires at dusk
o ATTEND fire at all times, with water and/or tools to control fire on hand
• All recreational fires in a firepit only
• Extinguish firepit fires by 1 a.m.
• PENALTY: CAFA will extinguish unpermitted/unattended fires at property owner’s expense
For more information, see https://www.chelseafire.org/burnpermits
Questions? CAFA: 734-475-8755